Hey! I’m Summer.
I have a degree but Ive never had a real job….well except those 3 months as a wet n wild lifeguard at 17, does that count? I’m a Mum of 3 so I understand hard work I’m functionally unemployable in the traditional sense.
But I love working, more specifically building businesses. Here’s a quick rundown of the highlights over the past 20 years.
- I started off as a model, like a real model, long before instagram models existed, in fact there was barely internet.
- In 2000 I started a juice bar in Surfers Paradise. I quickly realised working with food and the public on a daily basis was not for me.
- I’ve flipped op shop finds on ebay
- I’ve flipped houses
- Started an online swimwear label in 2005 ( long before every man and their dog had one).
- I tried my hand at fashion photography
- In 2009 I started a model agency which 11 years later is still very successful
- In 2015 I bought a very small ecommerce business selling surf hardware, which we have continued to grow and I still run today with my partner
- In 2016 I bought another small drop ship ecommerce business selling wedding decorations which I quickly got rid of.
- In 2017 my daughter started to get really good at tennis so I now consider it my part time job to manage her journey on the junior tour.